St. Peter’s Church, Grand Detour, Ogle Co., IL
Saint Peter’s Church was built in 1850. The landhad been donated by Leonard Andrus, founder of Grand Detour andoriginal partner of the renowned plow manufacturer, John Deere.
The Gothic and Greek Revival structure is the secondoldest Episcopal church building in Illinois.
During the late 1990’s the church went through a complete restoration.