The Byron Express
Friday, November 28, 1883
Mrs. Parker, the wife of Theron P. Parker, died Tuesday morning November 20th, and was interred at the Byron Cemetery on Wednesday afternoon.
The funeral service was held in the Congregational Church by the Rev. J. Gibson. E. A. Nott had charge of the singing.
Mrs. Parker had been a consistent and respected member of the Byron Congregational Church forty-four years and a member of the denomination seventy years. She was born in Bennington, Vermont, on the 17th day of June 1797, hence was 86 last June.
When four years old her father moved with his family to Enosburg, Vt., where she spent her girlhood and early womanhood, at the age of 16 years she experienced a change of heart and united with the Congregational Church, and has ever since maintained a consistent christian character.
On December 5th 1822, she was married to Mr. Theron P. Parker, who survives her. In the spring of 1833 the family left Enosburg, and after a brief stay in New York, came to Byron. before it had an established name. She and the family came here in Oct. 1833.
The next spring she united by letter with the Congregational Church. She has been a kind mother, a loving wife, and a valued neighbor. My wife and I have lived a peaceful, quiet married life with mutual affection, among you at Byron for more than forty-five years.
Our children, grandchildren and great grandchildren number near forty and no death has occurred until now, when the mother, the oldest, is called away.
The memory of the just is blessed.
Theron P. Parker.

In behalf of ourselves and the immediate relatives of our mother, the late Mrs. T. P. Parker, we extend our warmest tanks to all the friends who have so kindly aided in her sickness, and sympathized with and comforted us in our bereavement. Mrs. C.E. Parker, James Parker.

-Theron P. Parker, his son, Norman S. Parker, and daughter, Mrs. John Doughty, all of Fayette, Iowa, were called to the bedside of Mrs. Theron P. Parker last week. As Mrs. Parker rallied and seemed to be much improved in health, the friends named returned to Iowa last Saturday, only three days before her death, last Tuesday.

Return to Ogle Co. Genealogy Site

Contributed by Bob Hutchins